It’s been a while! Sorry!
So I recently went on a quilting retreat in Central Texas just outside San Antonio. I had so much fun! Read about my trip in a post I’ll be writing later this week. While there, one of the other retreaters, Anna (Mod Quilt Mom), and I started discussing a challenge we could do together. We have so much lovely fabric that’s sitting and doing nothing! We decided we needed a monthly challenge to create beautiful things from our fabric collection.
Here’s how it works.
- Each month will have a theme. You pick a quilt top with that theme and use fabrics from your stash to create that top. It’s okay to purchase SOME fabric for sashing or as small fillers, but the quilt really should be at least 90% from your stash.
- You only have to create the top. This is not a challenge to make an entire quilt in 30 days. However, if you’re able to baste, quilt, and bind it as well…more power to you!!
- We’ll announce the next month’s theme along with our pattern and fabric selection a few days before the beginning of the next month.
- Please tag us in your posts and use the hashtag #useitorloseitstash on Instagram!
- Our Instagram names are @quiltyJL and @modquiltmom_anna. Follow us to see our progress!
Here’s the fabrics I’ll be using. They’re Hawaiian themed and I’ve been wanting to do something with them forever! I may have to pull in a couple additional prints because I’m not certain this is quite enough fabric. We’ll see! I’ll post an update towards the middle of the month and, of course, my progress will be posted to Instagram as I move along!
I can’t wait to see what you create! Link to any posts in the comments!