My sweet Vivienne! You are 7 1/2 months old! As usual, you are growing by leaps and bounds every day. I keep a list on my iPad with all the new things you do each week. I have to just to keep up! This week I started your baby book and really got going on decorating your room. My goal: to have your room done by the time you’re 8 months! haha!
You keep us laughing every day. You babble and coo, yell and scream, and make face after face that leaves us giggling every time. Your personality is certainly starting to show through. You are an independent little baby. Once you have something figured out, you would prefer not to be helped any more!
Sleep has been a challenge lately. You have started waking up in the middle of the night again and you’re wide awake! You also only seem to do this when your daddy is out of town and momma is here to fend for herself. I love you more than anything, but at 3 a.m. and wide awake, you can be quite frustrating! I still wouldn’t trade any second of it for the world, though. These moments are fleeting. I plan to savor each and every one. I still rock you to sleep every night and it is my absolute favorite. I look forward to it every night.
You are movin’ and groovin’ all over the place! You pull up on everything and you’ve even learned that you can hang on and walk along tables and other things to get where you want. You don’t care to be IN your walker, but you’ll pull up on it and then push it where you want to go. You also still do not crawl on your knees. You still have a modified bear crawl on your toes! You have now figured out that you can crawl behind me to follow me. This is good and bad! haha
Since the last time I wrote, you have learned SO much! Here are some highlights from this week:
- Saying “bubba” or “baabaa” — You just sit and say “baa baa baa baa baa baa” followed by a loud scream and a smile, as demonstrated in these videos. It’s completely adorable! http://instagram.com/p/fGo9vUzLyh/ and http://instagram.com/p/fMgdUfzLx7/
- You LOVE feeding yourself — This is one of those things that, once you figured it out, I have not been able to help you with it! We started Baby-Led Weaning last week and that has been one of the best decisions I’ve made! Pureés are for the birds! Your favorite thing to eat is tomatoes but you love green beans, purple sweet potato, raspberries, banana, oranges, lemons, and host of other things you can grab and shove in your mouth!
- Starting to sleep better — We started using the cry-it-out method for when you wake at night. I was going in and rocking you back to sleep each time, but momma’s got to sleep! So, for 2 nights we let you figure it out on your own and only going in to check on you every few minutes. By day 3, you slept until 6 a.m. Hopefully the pattern continues! It breaks my heart to hear you cry, but I know, in the long run, it will be best for you!
- Reading — You love to read a couple of books before you go to bed. We always save “Baby Faces” for last because you get so excited every time we read it! You coo and laugh when you see the babies’ faces! http://instagram.com/p/fO7HYTzL_3/
- TEETH! — You’re getting a few more teeth! Your bottom left tooth has finally broken through and your two incisors have broken through! So, you’ve got two bottom teeth and two top teeth, but no two front teeth! You’re my little vampire baby. 🙂
That pretty much sums up this last week, but you’ve done so much in the last few weeks, I can’t not acknowledge it! So, here’s a quick, quick summary of how you’ve grown in the last few weeks…
Week 31 you…
- Started learning the “b” sound this week and experimented with “baba” and “bebe.”
- Still only have one bottom right tooth. No sign of the left one or your two top front teeth!
- Had your first bad allergy attack. You had fever, sneezing, and a runny nose. Momma felt so bad for you because I know exactly how that feels. 😦
- Started clapping and tried to wave a couple of times
- Had your first ride on the DART rail and your first visit to the Texas State Fair!! You also got to meet the brand new Big Tex AND you were interviewed on TV!
- Ate green beans, pulled pork, oranges and tomatoes for the first time.
- Started Baby-Led Weaning this week. Loving the tomatoes and anything citrus!
Week 30 you…
- Slept 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. two nights in a row! ….but that was it. Then back to 1, 2, and/or 3 a.m. wakings
- Got your first tooth! Bottom right!
- Had your 7 month birthday
- Had your first nights away from momma. You spent two nights at your Poppa and Grammy’s house while momma and daddy went to a wedding in Austin. I was so sad to leave you and I almost cried! I missed you to pieces and couldn’t wait to get home to you!
Week 29 you…
- Said “Mama” for 2 days!!
Week 28 you…
- Learned the “angry cry.” And boy is it mean!
- Have been pulling up a lot! You’re a mobile little toot!
- Had your first road trip. We went to College Station, Austin, Houston, and Galveston!
- Got to visit the beach for the first time and swim in the ocean!! You were not a fan of the sand. at. all.
- Wore disposables for the first time since you were a newborn. I hated it! I couldn’t WAIT to get you back in cloth!!!!
- Eating more puréed solids. Butternut squash and sweet potato are favorites.
- Celebrated your daddy’s birthday! Happy 34 daddy!
Week 27 you…
- Started really figuring out how to put the paci back in your mouth without my help. It was a bittersweet moment. We were in the car and you started crying because your paci had fallen out of your mouth. I started to reach back to pop it back in and before I could blink, you already did it on your own! It’s just the beginning of you not needing momma anymore!! *tears*
- Started really crawling (well, bear crawling) around. Time to baby-proof!
- Are sitting up on your own REALLY well!
- Are starting to try to pull up. Where did my baby go?!?
- Tried more purées. Carrots, Kale and Mango
- Put yourself to sleep several times.
- Are actually crawling TOWARDS things.
Week 26 you…
- Had your 6 month visit! You are 17 lbs and 27 inches long
- Are confirmed to have crappy allergies just like your momma. 😦 Sorry baby girl!
- Started puréed solids! Sweet potato and Carrots
- Sat up all on your very own!! You go little girl!
- Had your second ever shot. And I felt horrible!! Sorry baby girl.
- Slept 7:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. one night. I was hoping it would last. It did not.
Week 25 you…
- Are propping up on your hands and toes. It looks like a bear crawl position, but you’re not going anywhere!
- Are almost sitting! You try but don’t quite make it there!