I haven’t written one of these in a while! I’ll play catch up later, but for now…my baby is 24 weeks old!! Where did the time go?
My sweet Vivi, you are 24 weeks old! (that’s about 5 1/2 months for you non-moms 😉 ) I was rocking you to sleep last Saturday and decided to go look at us in the mirror. My, how you’ve grown! From the crumpled little ball of baby into this sprawling little girl! It made me hold you a little tighter and rock you a little longer. I love you to pieces and I haven’t regretted a single second I’ve spent rocking you to sleep or loving on you. Lately your sleep pattern has been pretty good! You usually fall asleep between 8 and 9 p.m. in your own crib and you don’t usually wake up to eat until 4 or 4:30 a.m. Even then, it’s not too bad. I just go in and get you and bring you back into our bed and you nurse and go back to sleep. I usually fall asleep while you’re eating so I don’t usually miss out on much sleep! You sleep the rest of the night with momma and daddy. Here are some things you’re doing this week…!
- You said “ma” and “da“: You say “ma” and “mom” when you’re mad. I don’t think you mean to say them, really, but you just learned how to purse your lips so that’s what comes out when you’re mad and make a sad face! (which is ridiculously pitiful!) You also said “da” once this week!
- You love faces: You looooove to grab faces and pull them to you. Mainly so you can get a great big bite out of their face…or a kiss. Whatever you want to call it! 🙂 We just have to watch out for our hair, earrings and glasses!
- You slept 9 1/2 hours!: This week you slept from 9:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.! Although there is a slight chance that you did wake up and I did not hear you crying. This has happened once before and daddy heard you and brought you to me. I hope that you didn’t have to cry yourself back to sleep, but if you did…I’m sorry! When you woke at 7, I saw you before you even had a chance to cry! So, I made up for it.
- You are scooting: A few weeks ago you started to scoot in order to reach things. Now, it’s almost like you’re crawling. If you want to get somewhere, you’re gonna get there…and it doesn’t take long for you to go! You disappear in seconds!
- Cooper & Maggie love: Any time you see Cooper or Maggie, you can’t take your eyes off them. You will watch them walk across the room, bark, eat or sleep. In fact, you can be in the middle of crying and Cooper will walk by, and you’ll stop crying and watch him.
- You love to pet Cooper: You grab his ears, his lips and his skin and just pull! I usually have to release your grip so you don’t hurt the puppy, but luckily Cooper doesn’t seem to really mind.
- Sit or scoot?: You play on your tummy on your quilts in the floor a lot but sometimes you get mad and you would much rather sit to play. So, I go sit you up and you’re a happy camper for another few minutes! Then again, sometimes it’s the other way around!
- You are a sitter!: Speaking of sitting, you are sitting extremely well. You’ve been sitting for about 2 weeks but you haven’t been so sturdy up until this week. This week you sit like a champ! You don’t need anything to catch you if you tip…you usually catch yourself! Unless you tip backwards… You are trying to get from a laying position to a sitting position but it hasn’t quite worked out for you yet…but you’ve got the right idea. You just haven’t got the coordination for it yet!
I love you so much baby girl! Every day you make me more and more proud to be your momma. I don’t know how I ever lived without you!