Well, in case you’ve been under a rock (some of you have…) I’m pregnant. They’ll be a new Autry in town in February 2013! Get excited because he just may be the most coolest kid you’ll ever meet.
I know I haven’t written in a while but I will try to start being better about that by tracking my pregnancy progress. I plan to be brutally honest, possibly TMI at times…but I will always warn you and if you prefer to not continue to read, close the page and move on. 🙂
I’ve posted a couple things pregnancy-related on my facebook page and have deeply regretted both times so, from now on, no pregnancy news on facebook. It will all be here on my blog so you can follow all the news here. Feel free to share your opinion but please know that it is that. It is your opinion…and while sharing your opinion please do not demean others or their feelings or opinions about birth. Pregnancy decisions are super personal and super unique and there is no one-size-fits-all model. Not in the least. Everything I post here will be my opinion. If you opt(ed) to birth differently, then I think that is awesome. I respect all people and their opinions.
I do welcome your advice, but please do not be offended if I do not take it. 😉
Not much update for the first post so … I’ll give you one of my favorite things! Three lists! (I love lists…and countdowns…)
How my pregnancy is different from the ‘norm’
- I’m birthing at a birthing center with a Certified Nurse Midwife … and I could not be more excited about it. Hospitals give me the heebie jeebies. Hospitals are for sick people. Women with normal pregnancies are not sick. So, I am choosing to birth in a birthing center!
- I’m choosing to breastfeed for as long as possible (and I’m really sad that this is not ‘normal’)
- We will be cloth diapering our child. (Jeez…ladies, never post about this on facebook. People’s teeth and fangs come out!) Many people are telling me that I can’t do it and I won’t succeed. Quite frankly, that hurts my feelings. When people I love are trying something difficult out, I throw out all of the support to them I can possibly muster! But instead, I got many, many negative comments and lots of discouraging words. Good thing I know a LOT of successful (and VERY busy, I might add) cloth diapering moms that built me back up!
- Our kid will be a paleo kid. No rice cereal or goldfish for this kid. It’s meats, veggies, fruits, momma’s milk and healthy fats for our little one! Not to say we won’t have treats, every kid needs treats!! But his primary diet will most certainly be paleo.
- I will continue to do CrossFit in some form or fashion until I simply cannot. I think physical activity is vital in keeping a healthy pregnancy and helping with a smoother labor!
Things that are already annoying me
- Mean and condescending advice. I love advice and opinions…but not when it comes out rude and hateful.
- Sonograms as profile pics. I cannot distinguish between the 20 people (men included?!?!?) who have sonograms as their profile pics.
- Sonograms creep me out. I’m only having 2 and I like it that way. Those 3D things give me nightmares.
- I cannot eat very much meat, so I’m super weak. Sucky.
- I’m not as excited about things as I expected to be. It really is irritating.
- People saying, “Oh, you’re only 11 weeks? I could have sworn you were at least 4 months! Are you sure they have the date right?” uhh…thanks…RUDE.
- Oh and, “you’re still doing CROSSFIT?? Are you crazy? You are going to kill your baby.” *sigh* because there aren’t 6, 7, 8, 9 month pregnant women doing CF all over the world or anything…
But I’m fortunate in…
- I’ve not had any morning sickness. (sorry, ladies…)
- The worst symptom I’ve had so far is fatigue and sore boobs. *knock on wood*
- Midwife says I have “nice healthy hips and a nice, wide pelvis.” I think that’s a good thing.
- My husband is giddy.
- I will not be big, huge pregnant in the Texas summer heat. (weeee!!!!)
- I’m craving big, huge, ginormous salads. Particularly salads from Cotton Patch and McAlester’s.
- I know some really cool moms. Specifically, moms that I have looked up to for years…and some only months. But I think they are awesome and they all have great advice to share and I love it.
Anyway, there you have it. I’ll update as news comes along! However, some things (like baby names) I will not share and certainly not post here for fear of another “cloth diaper” fiasco.
Love you all!