I’m still cooking, y’all! Just haven’t been posting as much. Sorry about that! Blog post coming up about the goings on in this busy girl’s life. 🙂 I wanted to share the recipe below that I recently modified to paleo. I highly recommend doubling this recipe as you’ll gobble this up in a jiffy and you’ll be begging for more! It was FABulous and by far my favorite recipe I’ve converted!
Homemade Mushroom Soup by Season with Spice, modified to Paleo
2 cups fresh mushrooms – cleaned and chopped finely
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic – chopped
1 tbsp grass-fed, clarified butter, ghee or coconut oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 – 2 bay leaf
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1 tbsp coconut flour dissolved in 1 tbsp water
Salt to taste
1/2 cup grass-fed heavy cream
1/2 cup coconut milk
Dash of nutmeg
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Fresh parsley or thyme for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Add butter and lightly sauté garlic on medium heat.
2. Add in mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the moisture from the mushrooms disappears.
3. Add in chicken broth. Stir occasionally until broth boils, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4 Add diluted flour in, and stir constantly (while simmering) until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and nutmeg. Taste and adjust seasoning.
5. Finally, add coconut milk and heavy cream, and bring to a simmer. Turn heat off.
6. Serve hot in your soup bowl. Add freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme if you have them on hand.